HOW TO PREPARE FOR A PHOTO SHOOT
Portrait photography , 2017-02-26
Ladies, if you were wondering how you can prepare for a photo shoot this blog post will give you the answers. By following the tips written here not only you will look and feel better but also help in creating the perfect photos.
Clean skin and hair and touched up eyebrows on the day of the photoshoot can make all the difference for you
and your photographer. Not only those are the three most important things you can do but they also don’t take too much time and money.
You also need to pay intention to what you drink and eat the whole week before the photo shoot as that too affects your skin. We all know that processed, salty food and alcohol intake can make our skin look really bad and puffy.
Here is my list of tips on what you need to do before the photo shoot:
1 WEEK BEFORE THE PHOTO SHOOT:
- Stop picking your skin – we don’t want any scars or marks on your face on the day of the shoot.
- Trim your hair, if necessary – if you haven’t visited your hairdresser for a long time, a week before the photoshoot would be a good time to do it. Don’t go crazy – just trim your hair to remove the split ends and to refresh your hair style. Don’t experiment with new hairstyles as in case you don’t like it there will be no time to fix it. Rather stick with the existing hairstyle.
- Colour your hair, if necessary – if you are coloring your hair it would be a good idea to do it a week before the photo shoot. Have your roots done or get a refresher.
- Wax – if you are planning to wax anything make sure you do it a full week before the photoshoot to avoid skin redness and allow any swelling to subside.
2 – 3 DAYS BEFORE THE PHOTO SHOOT
- Start getting your beauty sleep (8 hours).
- Stop drinking alcohol to avoid puffy skin and start avoiding salty food.
- Start drinking plenty of water to keep you hydrated.
- Get your nails done you can either match it with your outfits but if you want to be certain just go nude or do the french manicure.
- Tweeze you eyebrows.
- Now is a good time to start cleaning and preparing your face. Skip any scrubs or foaming cleansers that contain harsh chemicals and rather use natural products that will not irritate your skin. Here is the link to a great DIY tutorial on how to easily clean your skin at home with the help of cheap, natural products that we all have in our homes, like honey, lemon or even parsley. Healthy and glowing skin is very important part of the photo shoot.
- After the cleaning process make sure to apply your moisturizing face cream and eye cream.
Repeat this process of cleaning, hydrating and applying eye cream every night before the photo shoot.
- Again keep sticking to good sleeping habits (8 hours of sleep) and avoiding alcohol and salty food.
1 DAY BEFORE THE PHOTO SHOOT:
- Wash your hair and apply conditioner.
- Clean your face and moisturize it well.
- Get a good night sleep.
ON THE DAY OF THE SHOOT MAKE SURE YOU ARRIVE WITH:
- Clean, dry hair – don’t arrive with the ponytail as it leaves you with a kink in the hair.
- Clean and hydrated skin – remove all traces of your makeup from the night before and be sure to moisturize and use your eye cream and lip balm.
- Pretty nails
- Touched up eyebrows
- Positive attitude