Most popular wedding ceremony venues in Hvar.
Wedding , 2015-10-03
We all know that planning a wedding is stressful and challenging by itself. Planning a destination wedding is a real adventure. Definitely not for the faint hearted. After researching for months on Google you have finally decided: this is the place, Island of Hvar in Croatia.
One of the usual questions is which are the wedding ceremony venues in Hvar? What are the options available?
Listed by Conde Nast Traveler as one of the 10 islands you absolutely must visit, Hvar has recently begun to have more and more destination weddings. Some venues have just become more popular when it comes to hosting a wedding ceremony.
The most popular ceremony wedding venues on Hvar are:
1. St Mark’s monastery – former Dominican monastery, St Mark’s is full of charm and history. Built in the 14th century St Mark’s was for centuries the seat of the aristocratic Great Council. Nowadays it houses a collection of prehistoric, Greek and Roman artefacts and items. Perfect wedding ceemony venue for you romantic souls out there.
2. St Stephen’s Cathedral – is Roman Catholic cathedral and is perfect for all those that value tradition. Situated right on the main square (so called “Pjaca”) the cathedral is difficult to miss out. It was built in Renaissance style with a central Gothic tower and is for sure the most impressive building in the city of Hvar.
3. Fortress “Fortica” (Španjola) – for those that value the breathtaking views and just want to go big, Fortica fortress is the right wedding ceremony venue. It was designed in the mid 16th century by Venetian and Spanish military architects. Its architecture and military history will certainly impress you and the view over the city of Hvar and surrounding Pakleni islands will leave you breathless. You can reach the fortress by car or by foot but bear in mind that it is a 30 minute walk uphill.
4. Beach – you are a bit of a bohemian soul and have always dreamed of a beach wedding. Island of Hvar and surrounding Pakleni islands have many secluded beaches where you can hold your wedding ceremony. The sound of waves, crystal blue sea and summer sunset will make any wedding ceremony truly special.
5. Bonj ‘les bains’ beach club is for the practical ones. This beautiful venue is situated directly on the waterfront only 5 minutes of walk from the centre of Hvar. It consists of a ground floor and first floor, meaning that on one floor you can hold a ceremony and on the other the reception. Relaxing and peaceful environment that will for sure please everyone. Or almost everyone.